The Myth: I’ve been to the campus for the tour before, and so I won’t need to visit as a student that is admitted.
The Verdict: even though you’ve visited campus, it’s helpful to see as an admitted student as you consider your admission offer.
Exactly what a time that is wonderful of! Admitted students recently heard they are part of the Trojan Family now its time for pupils to make the important decision of where you should go to college. At USC, we have many programs for pupils getting one look that is last they make their choice.
Often times students may think it’s useless in the future to campus in April should they went on a trip their junior or senior 12 months. Nonetheless, it could definitely be worth your time to see campus inside the context as a student that is admitted. You are coming to campus to consider applying to USC. Is this a possibility when you take a tour as a prospective student? Can I see myself here? What information do I need to know about applying?
Visiting campus being an admitted student is an entirely different feeling and set of questions that need answers. At this point, USC is completely a possibility. We have extended an offer of admission, and now it’s time to take a serious and look that is close. Where would I be residing? Who does be my classmates? Which professors is teaching my classes? What communities will we join? Visiting campus as an admitted student helps you answer those questions and begin to visualize your potential experience at USC.
So come visit us! It is possible to sign up for Explore (full day programs), Preview (half day programs), or Admitted Student Day during your online portal at you.usc.edu.
Can’t come to campus? We may be visiting a populous town near you! We realize that traveling to campus might be logistically hard, but we should be certain to answer all your questions. Reservations for off-campus events can be made at also you.usc.edu.
Congratulations! On behalf of the workplace of Admission, welcome to the Trojan Family. We hope to see you on campus!
Mythbuster: I’ve been admitted to spring, therefore I’m waitlisted
The Myth: I’m a springtime acknowledge, and so I’m essentially waitlisted.
The Verdict: No! You’re admitted to USC!
Every USC admits students to the spring semester, expecting to enroll about 300-500 of those students year. Many people assume spring admission is our waitlist. And while we could possibly move a number of the pupils to your fall semester, spring admission just isn’t a waitlist. Spring admission is an admission offer to USC.
So why do we do so? Well, every 12 months we know there will likely be students leaving in the spring semester by either graduating early or studying abroad. We also have a very competitive admission process at USC, so we can never admit most of the wonderful students who apply to USC. So spring admission permits us to admit more of this incredible students we want at USC because we understand we are going to have more room available in the spring semester.
Spring admits aren’t any less important to USC than pupils admitted to the fall or students who transfer to USC after several semesters of college elsewhere. Spring admits are as much USC students as any other Trojan, and they are wanted by us at USC as just about any Trojan. Coming to USC in the spring enables you to start your college experience in a way that is unique. You can ease to the university change by taking classes at a neighborhood college. It is possible to explore the globe through a research abroad program. You can even have a break from the grind and enjoy a month or two off of school!
When you haven’t done so already, you should visit our website at www.usc.edu/springadmit. You will find plenty of information about the resources we have for our spring admits ranging from course planning for the fall to purchasing USC football period tickets.
That you are an accomplished student and a wonderful addition to the Trojan Family if you are a spring admit, please know. We look forward to welcoming you to campus spring 2017.
Dear Admitted Transfer Students…
Many transfer students are beginning to hear from us with choices. In the event that you have actuallyn’t already, don’t panic. We will contact everyone by June 1st with either a request for spring grades or perhaps a decision. Which basically means more waiting…sorry. For all of you’ve got already been admitted, or are wondering what the next actions will be if you are admitted, this website’s for you.
- In your letter of admission, you’ve probably noticed that it says you will need to submit your Enrollment Commitment deposit by June 1st or within two weeks of receiving your admission page. This implies, if you have the admission decision before June 1st, you have actually until June 1st to decide. If you get the letter after June 1st, you have actually two months to submit the deposit and form.
- Fill in the FAFSA plus the CSS profile ASAP, if you don’t already completed. We don’t want your ability to commit to USC become held up by educational funding. The sooner we have these documents, the quicker we can allow you to get the information.
- Submit your housing application. Although housing is not fully guaranteed for transfer pupils, there is some availability. https://shmoop.pro/write-my-narrative-essay/ The sooner you apply, the greater the probabilities. You can submit your housing application ahead of the dedication deposit. USC also has student that is off-campus, therefore don’t neglect to check those options as well.
- Sign up for Orientation 5-7 business days after your submit your dedication deposit. You shall receive an email aided by the link.
- Send all final official transcripts from your most recent term in college.
- Get SUPER excited because you are a Trojan!
Of course, we’re always ready to help. So us a call if you need anything, please just give!